Air freight involves the transportation of goods by air, using planes operated by airlines or cargo carriers. The types of goods transported by air can range from small parcels to large industrial equipment, and can include perishable and high-value goods.
Air freight services typically include:
- Freight forwarding: This involves coordinating the transportation of goods by air, including arranging for pickup and delivery, preparing shipping documents, and managing customs clearance.
- Transportation: This involves the actual movement of goods by air, including loading and unloading cargo, securing the cargo on the plane, and ensuring that the cargo is transported safely and securely.
- Logistics management: This involves managing the entire supply chain process, including coordinating with suppliers, managing inventory, and ensuring that the goods are delivered on time and in good condition.
- Customs clearance: This involves preparing and submitting all necessary customs documents, paying any applicable duties or taxes, and ensuring that the goods comply with all relevant regulations and requirements.
- Warehousing: This involves storing goods in a warehouse or distribution center prior to shipment, and managing inventory levels and order fulfillment.
Overall, air freight is a fast and efficient mode of transportation that can be used to transport goods quickly and reliably over long distances. Air freight services can be customized to meet the specific needs of shippers, including the transportation of high-value or time-sensitive goods.